Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Getting the" WORD" Out

Yesterday I was getting my nails done. An old friend , who was just getting the finishing touches done on hers, was ahead of me. Her first comment to me was "I didn't know you made jewelry." I have been doing this for three years now mind you! I have vinyl signs on my car, have had open houses, and have done craft shows. I give out business cards and have pieces in a shop in town. My question is what else am I missing or do I need to step it up a notch?

People who have shops on Etsy know who we are by going into forums, chat rooms, and joining teams, etc. I don't know all the ins and outs of this website but when I say I'm on Etsy people ask what it is. Why do we not have a better following since we are all handmade? Why doesn't Etsy have a decal that we can put on a car or shop window that promotes them--or do they? I just think we all have a better chance if people could really get into Etsy because it is such a great variety store. Anyone have any other ideas?

2 comments:

  1. We have to promote Etsy. They do a fair amount of promoting in US but none in UK or Australia or the East!
    This Etsy shop might be useful for you.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5029420

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there hun... yes you are right, we gotta promote etsy and stick together. That's the way to go.

    ReplyDelete